This advanced e-course aims to train professionals working with young people who are at risk of violent radicalisation with an emphasis on online grooming. It introduces the concept of violent radicalisation and teaches how to effectively prevent violent radicalisation by adopting positive approaches.
The e-course is structured around 5 modules. Each Module is composed of 4-5 Units. A module involves 2-3 hours of learning.
Certification, Accessibility and supporting material
Successful completion will lead to CPD (Continuous Professional Development) Certification (15 points). It takes approximately 15 non-stop hours to fully complete all modules and take the test. There are further reading material that are recommended for additional learning. These could add a further 10 hours of non-stop duration.
The e-course includes software that make it accessible in various languages as well as for those with visual and hearing impairments. This course interactive tools are based on H5P. To learn more; overview of the accessibility of the various H5P content types.
Training handbook and supporting e-book
The e-course is supported by a free, evidenced based Training Handbook as well as the ebook RADEX (2022) Research findings on violent youth radicalisation in the UK, Cyprus, France, Greece and Belgium, London: RJ4All Publications, ISBN: 978-1-911634-54-6
● Professionals (including volunteers) working with youths
● Professionals working in youth organisations and community centres
● Practitioners working in the crime prevention area especially the youth justice system
● Youth workers
● Youth educators and trainers who support young people at risk
● Youth organisations
● Young people and parents.
By the end of the e-course, the following learning outcomes should have been achieved:
● Use of inquiry-based and problem-based learning approaches.
● Accommodate multiple learning styles (work and project-based learning, collaborative learning).
● Contextualize learning to meet the needs of youth in different contexts.
● Provide authentic learning opportunities.
● Present the content in modular small chunks that will be able to provide just in time learning.
● Preparation of learning activities to be carried out either synchronously or asynchronously.
● Provision of best practices.